Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 

"iPod Generation Indifferent to Space Exploration" WTF?

I was very disappointed when I saw this headline over at /.:

The 2004 and 2006 surveys by Dittmar Associates Inc. revealed high levels of indifference among 18- to 25-year-olds toward manned trips to the moon and Mars.

How can that be? What normal person in that age bracket doesn't love all things sci-fi and space related? I just don't get it..... Am I missing something are the kids I hang around with just out of whack or something? What kid doesn't love the idea of being an astronaut (astronut) or digging for dinosaur bones? I'm only 30 can I really be "that" old? (Hmmmm on second thought maybe it's a male thing and a whole bunch of females were polled and are skewing the results?)

Linkage:
Slashdot Blurb
Full Story

Update: NASA only understand part of the picture. While I think it's great to attract the normally nerdy section to the space program we also need the support of the general public.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?