Skip to main content

Techno-Idiots (Part 1)

Yes this is part one, I don't have a plan for Part 2 but based on the things I've encountered in this world I CAN NOT fathom that I won't come up with something else.

So I ran across this "Zune Team Getting Amnesty for iPod Use" article on slashdot. Following the obvious set of links. The comments on the Flickr photo page just amazed me.

By Flickr user ariel_waldman:
"I wonder how many iPods Zune bought to make a marketing point. Notice how all the iPods in there are the same generation."

WoW! Did she even read the story? Zune is a product, an in-animate object it can not possibly purchase anything. How could someone claim to be such a fan of Apple's iPod (see her other comments) and have NFC that Zune is a Microsoft product meant to compete with Apple's iPod. Hey Ariel has your iPod made any purchases lately? /sigh

I know that in the grand scope of things this is a minor grammatical issue but seriously people, at least engage part of your brain before you type. Remember the internet never forgets. I'll state for the record (just in case ariel actually happens across this blog someday), that no I don't expect everyone to be perfect (heck I know I'm not). Perhaps this is a lone example of a post one morning without coffee, it's not really that I'm pointing a finger at ariel, more that you see this all over the forums and blogs online .... it's seems when people believe they're anonymous online they also believe they don't have to use their brains.

Comments

Barf said…
Oh God, it hurts. I can't wait for part 2. As such I'll be an official lobbyist pushing for the production of part 2.
I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for the next target.

If you're bored sometime make a toon on zul'jin and fire beorn or beodrui an in-game mail.
Barf said…
Will do. I had checked for Thorin and it seems someone beat you to the punch...or its an alt you never play. ;-)
Nope someone beat me to it :(

Popular posts from this blog

Techno-idiots (Part 3)

As some of you may know I do work involving IT Security for a living. To make my life easy I often use BackTrack . BackTrack is a Linux LiveCD that includes a whole load of IT Security tools (nmap, kismet, nikto...100s of tools). As with many online communities these days they offer forums for their users to ask questions etc. What amazes me is the sheer idiocy of some of the people we get on the forums. I can completely understand that lots of people want to been a l33t h4x0rs. But SERIOUSLY...WTF PEOPLE! For every good post (someone with a decent technical question or someone that wants to share something cool) there are 20 posts from truly clueless individuals, like: "If i Don`t have any clients connected to my wep ...." WTF are people doing trying to crack WEP and "test" Wireless Access Points, if they don't even know how the freaking things work.....actually strike that not how they work but just the basics of the terminology surrounding the thing. You d...

2008 Fall Premiere Schedule

As some of you may know I have a pretty healthy TV addiction so without further ado here is the fall premiere schedule I've put together. Please feel free to comment if you can think of anything I've missed. (Especially new series). Gossip Girl (CW) Sept 1 8PM Prison Break (Fox) Sept 1 8PM (2 Hours) One Tree Hill (CW) Sept 1 9PM New 90210 (CW) Sept 2 8PM (2 Hours) Bones (Fox) Sept 3 8PM (2 Hours) Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles (Fox) Sept 8 8PM House (Fox) Sept 16 8PM Survivor: Gabon (CBS) Sept 18 8PM Smallville (CW) Sept 18 8PM Big Bang Theory (CBS) Sept 22 8PM Heroes (NBC) Sept 22 9PM (2 Hours) CSI: Miami (CBS) Sept 22 10PM Boston Legal (ABC) Sept 22 10PM NCIS (CBS) Sept 23 8PM Law & Order: SVU (NBC) Sept 23 10PM New Knight Rider (NBC) Sept 24 8PM Criminal Minds (CBS) Sept 24 9PM CSI: NY (CBS) Sept 24 10PM Ugly Betty (ABC) Sept 25 8PM Grey's Anatomy (ABC) Sept 25 9PM (2 Hours) The Office (NBC) Sept 25 9PM ER (NBC) Sept 25 10PM The Amazing Race (CBS) Sept 28 8PM Th...