Skip to main content

Techno-idiots (Part 2)



Found over here:
http://img.moonbuggy.org/provide-us-with-the-email-address-we-should-not-contact/

You've all heard the line from the song "Things that make you go hmmmmm", well I suggest we apply a slight modification making it "Things that make you go DUH!".

Serious how could any even barely technology savvy individual think this was a good solution to the issue?

Comments

Barf said…
Maybe its a newfangled Capcha technology. Anyone who puts anything that even looks like a legitimate email into this box gets blocked.

by the way - Orange Box, TF2. Its like the old days all over again.
Ya I've been reading about that.

I'm also very curious about the OpenSource FPS AlienArena.

About a year ago I fired up Q3 and went online to play, geez my skills needed work...I got complete owned. But I'll get it back. WoW isn't holding my attention like it used to and FPS games are easier to walk away from while playing.
Barf said…
Didn't even know about that one - but it looks pretty cool. I find, however, that playing TF2 and trying to get T5 are quite a ... consumption of what time I can put together. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Techno-idiots (Part 3)

As some of you may know I do work involving IT Security for a living. To make my life easy I often use BackTrack . BackTrack is a Linux LiveCD that includes a whole load of IT Security tools (nmap, kismet, nikto...100s of tools). As with many online communities these days they offer forums for their users to ask questions etc. What amazes me is the sheer idiocy of some of the people we get on the forums. I can completely understand that lots of people want to been a l33t h4x0rs. But SERIOUSLY...WTF PEOPLE! For every good post (someone with a decent technical question or someone that wants to share something cool) there are 20 posts from truly clueless individuals, like: "If i Don`t have any clients connected to my wep ...." WTF are people doing trying to crack WEP and "test" Wireless Access Points, if they don't even know how the freaking things work.....actually strike that not how they work but just the basics of the terminology surrounding the thing. You d...

Something that perplexes me....

I just came across this bit about asteroid Apophis and the chances of it impacting earth . "NASA scientists have recalculated the path of a large asteroid known as Apophis and now say it has only a very slim chance of banging into Earth.. The Apophis asteroid is approximately the size of two-and-a-half football fields, and updated computational techniques and newly available data indicate the probability of an Earth encounter on April 13, 2036 for Apophis has dropped from one-in-45,000 to about four-in-a million, NASA stated." So here's the bit that rubs me wrong: "four-in-a million". Why not say "one-in-250,000". If the authors are really stuck on the whole "four-in" thing then they should have said four-in-180,000 to start with. I really find inconsistencies like this baffling, I wish I knew the author and could understand what they hoped to gain by reporting the number in this way.

2008 Fall Premiere Schedule

As some of you may know I have a pretty healthy TV addiction so without further ado here is the fall premiere schedule I've put together. Please feel free to comment if you can think of anything I've missed. (Especially new series). Gossip Girl (CW) Sept 1 8PM Prison Break (Fox) Sept 1 8PM (2 Hours) One Tree Hill (CW) Sept 1 9PM New 90210 (CW) Sept 2 8PM (2 Hours) Bones (Fox) Sept 3 8PM (2 Hours) Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles (Fox) Sept 8 8PM House (Fox) Sept 16 8PM Survivor: Gabon (CBS) Sept 18 8PM Smallville (CW) Sept 18 8PM Big Bang Theory (CBS) Sept 22 8PM Heroes (NBC) Sept 22 9PM (2 Hours) CSI: Miami (CBS) Sept 22 10PM Boston Legal (ABC) Sept 22 10PM NCIS (CBS) Sept 23 8PM Law & Order: SVU (NBC) Sept 23 10PM New Knight Rider (NBC) Sept 24 8PM Criminal Minds (CBS) Sept 24 9PM CSI: NY (CBS) Sept 24 10PM Ugly Betty (ABC) Sept 25 8PM Grey's Anatomy (ABC) Sept 25 9PM (2 Hours) The Office (NBC) Sept 25 9PM ER (NBC) Sept 25 10PM The Amazing Race (CBS) Sept 28 8PM Th...